Farm Tours at THE HONEY HOUSE
We have opened our apiary, The Honey House, for tours, honey tastings, club trips, beekeeping lessons and beekeeping equipment.
Located in Eagleville, our family-owned apiary is set on eight acres, with an extraction/bottling area, barn where we keep equipment (patrolled by Flanagan the cat), plots of wildflowers and a small farm shop filled with our products, plus other bee- and nature-themed gifts.
Our first-ever tour was in May (2019) with a group of Girl Scouts from Murfreesboro. After an introduction, they suited up, looked inside a hive, walked around the bee yard, tasted honeysuckle (who know that would be the highlight?!), enjoyed a honey tasting inside our bee-proof tent and learned to identify a live queen bee inside our observation hive.
In June, July and August our property is filled with wildflowers, including cosmos, sunflowers, zinnias and lavender, making it a fun stop for gardening clubs.
Here are the details:
- Located at 4818 Hwy 41a North, Eagleville, we are 3 miles SOUTH of downtown Eagleville (beware, as there are two 4818s that come up on Google maps).
- We will offer tours for $8 every Friday in June and July at 9 a.m. (Just add the date to your cart via the drop-down menu above). Content of this tour will vary depending on what's going on the bee yard and will last about an hour, ending with a honey tasting of at least four honeys. These tours include a free jar from the Make-Your-Own-Bouquet station for participants to make their own wildflower arrangements and take home.
- Group tours are $10 a person (minimum 5 people), with a 20 percent discount for groups of 10 or more. (Please call for quotes on large school groups or field trips.) Tours last from 45 minutes to an hour and a half and can be catered to your group's interests and comfort level.
- There is no charge to visit our farm shop, take selfies with the flowers or chat about bees! We are open to the public 10-4 Wednesday through Friday and 10-3 on Saturdays. Wholesale customers may pick up orders by appointment.
- Use of our Make-Your-Own-Bouquet Station is $5 a person and includes a jar of your choice and a chance to pick your own colorful wildflower bouquet. You can decorate the jar with ribbons or other provided accessories and take it home with you.
- Make a day of it! You can easily make a fun day trip from Nashville and surrounding areas. After you visit our farm, there is plenty to do in the area.
- Please email email@example.com or call 615-656-3174 for more information.